If you are an email user you often can get spam mails in your email account and that may bother you a lot as you may not be able to find your important emails sometimes among those spam mails. This may cause various difficulties while using email account. Spam mails are the most unimportant mails which you have not asked for, but still you are getting those mails. These mails are especially sent by the reputed companies as their marketing purpose. Retailers sometimes send this kind of spam mails for their company’s promotion. But you may need to get rid of those mails permanently.
Now-a-days some email service providers give you the option to filter spam to clear out those unwanted mails before they ever arrive in your inbox. In that case you will be required to mark those unwanted mails as spam mails if you want to filter those mails. Also you can contact on the email helpline number such as BT Email Helpline number to get further information regarding spam mails and how to get rid of those mails. Also if you don’t want to get these emails any more, you can remove your email account from the supply list by using the “unsubscribe” option. You will find that option usually in the bottom. But you should never do this on the spam emails as this kind of activity will confirm that your email address is valid and you will get more spam emails daily.
You can use these below mentioned tools to stop receiving unwanted emails:
- Spam Guard
- Block Addresses
- Image Blocking
If you want to activate Spam Guard you will have to go through these below mentioned steps:
- When you have received a spam email you will have to highlight that mail and then you will have to click on “Spam”.
- If Spam Guard has already blocked a message that isn’t spam, you will have to go to the “Spam folder”. Then you will have to select the message. After that you will have to click on the “Not Spam” button.
If you want to filter your spam messages, here are the procedures:
- First you have to click on the “Cog” icon and then you will have to click on “Settings”.
- Next you will have to select “Filters”
- Then you will have to click on “Add”
- Now you will be able to set up your email filters and you will have to select the folder which you want your emails from that sender to be directed to.
- After finishing this activity you will have to select “Save” to apply the changes.
If you want to block senders or addresses you will have to follow these below mentioned steps:
- In the “Cog” icon you will have to select “Settings” and then click on “Blocked Addresses”
- Then you will need to the email addresses you want to block.
- Now select “Block” and then click on “Save” to apply the changes.
You can anytime the customer service team such as BT Email Customer Service if you are having any kind of trouble while activating these tools to stop spam emails.